1. Who do I contact when a student is in serious academic trouble, whether due to a violation of academic integrity or for some other reason?
    Contact the Office of Academic Integrity for guidance.  
  2. What do I do if a student’s behavior is of concern to his professors?
    The student's professor or the chair of the department should contact the Division of Student Affairs at 202-994-6710 or [email protected]. If there are immediate concerns about the safety of GW students, faculty, or staff, the GW Police Department should be contacted immediately.
  3. How do I schedule a meeting with the Dean, Provost, President, or other members of the academic leadership?
    When scheduling meetings, it is best to contact staff in the office directly. Check the directory for general office locations and contact information.
  4. How do I reach out to my development officer?
    Click here for contact information for development offices.
  5. What should I do if I or the other members of my department encounter broken equipment?
    The office you need to contact varies depending on the type and location of the equipment:
    • Division of IT - For issues with desktop or laptop office computers or technical equipment.
    • Academic Technologies - For issues with classroom technical equipment.
    • Facilities Services (Fixit) - For routine and emergency maintenance of buildings, grounds, and HVAC.
    • Consult your office staff for help with additional needs.
  6. Whom do I speak with to discuss financial aid issues brought to my attention by students?
    Advise students who come to you with financial aid issues to contact GW's Student Financial Assistance office directly.
  7. How do I find information from the registrar on scheduling, enrollment, and grading issues?
    The Office of the Registrar has a detailed FAQ for faculty which answers many common questions and issues faculty are likely to encounter.
  8. How do I schedule a room in another building?
    Each year during the annual departmental registration process you will designate three members of your department and/or in each division in your department that schedules space. These designated individuals can reserve space through Scheduling in the University Student Center, Outdoor Space, City View and State Room at 1957 E Street, the Alumni House at 1918 F Street, Lisner Auditorium, Jack Morton Auditorium, and the Second Floor Art Gallery Lobby in the Media and Public Affairs Building.  For information the Events and Venue website outlines useful details.
  9. Where can I find data on students?
    Selected data on undergraduates can be found on the GW Fact Sheet. A wide range of data on all students can be found on the Office of Institutional Research and Planning website.